Tuesday, 21 July 2015

Graduation Nails

Hey Everyone!
Last Thursday was my sister's Graduation and so obviously I had to do a nail design that marked the occasion, which is how I came up with this nail art! I wanted something that would go with the white dress I was wearing too, so the design was still something presentable and wearable without clashing too much. Which is why I opted for a white base, because you can't go wrong with white nails!
For this design I obviously had to incorporate the Graduation hat and scroll which I drew with nail polish and a tooth pick. I added a blue bow to the scroll which complimented the blue and yellow polka dots. I opted to split the drawings with polka dots because I was unsure of what else to draw, plus the dots were in the colours of my sister's university, so it worked well!
To create this design I used polishes you'll have probably seen in countless previous posts, especially the black and white because they're so universal. I bought the blue and yellow in a Neon Nails set from B&M a year or so a go. I don't think they sell the same collection any more, they still do a Neon Nails set but with different colours. They're not totally neon, just bright colours and different shades to the set that I got. The formula can be quite thick if they haven't been used for a while, and the opacity needs building. Around three coats is needed for full opacity when the colours are used on their own. Using them over a white base makes all the difference because it brings out the colours instantly. The set costs £2.99 from B&M stores.
What do you think of this design? Have you been to any Graduations recently?

9 comments:

  1. Love it! you went full on, I just wore a nice dress to my brother's graduation last Friday :p

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I saw your pictures, you looked stunning.

      Delete
  2. I think this is my favorite design from you so far :D I just love white nails and the polka dots looks so cute!!

    ♡SleepyHeaven♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Thank you so much! That's true, they're a classic.

      Delete
  3. Cute! I'll be going to my own graduation soon! I'm very excited 😊

    Rachel
    www.polishisthenewblack.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Congratulations, have a nice time!

      Delete
  4. Aww your nails are adorable!! I'm awful at nail art. You're so talented

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It all takes practise, I'm sure you're not that bad.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete