Friday, 10 July 2015

Pink + Orange Palm Tree Nails

Hey Everyone!
Sorry I didn't get this post up yesterday, things have been a little all over the place this week but better late than never, right? Today I have a suggested design from Klaudia Clara, she asked if I could do a gradient orange and pink nail design which got me thinking of what I could add to it. For this reason, I kept things pretty simple and opted for a statement nail. The statement nail featured a palm tree because I feel the orange and pink base with the black silhouette worked well together. Also, with the brightness of the colours as is, I didn't want the added detail to be anything too busy.
Before beginning the orange and pink gradient I applied a white base polish in order to ensure the opacity of my colours was at its highest. Plus, I found this made the colours blend together much easier because of how they lightened in the middle with the white base allowing them to fade into one another with ease. I think these colours would work beautifully even with an added purple colour at the tips which would really finish off the design!
I used a toothpick to draw out the silhouette of the palm tree, I found this was the best tool to use rather than a brush since it gave me the ability to add a little more detail and texture for the leaves of the palm tree as well as for the ground at the tip of my nail. Also, the design didn't have to be anything too neat or precise because of this which I think is very beneficial and would make the design even easier for any nail art newbies out there!
I am in love with this pink polish by W7, it is called Party Pink and it is a very vibrant, neon pink that has iridescent under tones so in the light there's a glimmer of purple and blue tones. It is truly stunning and I get compliments every time I wear it. When I wear this polish on its own I apply only two coats with no white base, but you could easily get away with one because it is so pigmented. The website says it retails for £4.95 however, I am positive I only spent £2 on it maximum. I had a search and found the polish on Nail Polish Direct for £2, and Xtras.co.uk for £3. If you're a fan of pink polishes though, its definitely worth picking up!  W7 polishes seem to be available pretty much anywhere, on the website it lists a few places including Asda and Next to name a couple.
As for the other polishes, I discussed the adorable orange bottle in my last post as well as my Tiger Stripes Twist design!
I am in love with this design because it is so bright and perfect for Summer! It has been a while since I wore such vibrant colours on my nails so a change was overdue.
Have you tried gradient nails? What are your favourite colours to ombre?

38 comments:

  1. Gorgeous nails :D

    www.roxancolex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god, your nails look gorgeous! I wish I could do that with mine but I can still barely paint my right hand without getting the color all over my skin haha! What a great color for the summer. I might just go ahead and try something like this out for myself...or to be safe, get a friend to do it for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Oh I still think you could give it a go, the beauty of nail art as it doesn't always have to be super precise. You can get away with a lot of imperfection. Be sure to let me know if you do give it a go!

      Delete
  3. This is such a gorgeous look,and great for summer! I'd love to try and recreate this but I can only see it turning into a great catastrophe with my skills - or lack off! Great post!
    www.daisysteenbeautyblog.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, be sure to let me know if you decide to give it a go! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful nails! Adore the colours, like the sunset, love it :)

    ♡♡SleepyHeaven♡♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, me too. That's exactly what I though!

      Delete
  5. this is so cute! i love your gradients! the orange bottle is so adorable!

    galorious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there love this post
    Would you like to follow each other @ bloglovin, google & instagram?
    Let me know
    xoxo isabelle | ModellaBella Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for sharing this tutorial! your nails look so tropical and cute, love the little palm tree! :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, I'm glad you like it!

      Delete
  8. Love your blog and this great polish! :)

    Snowtember.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow beautiful
    I just love your blog it is so pretty and got lovely content.. Keep up the amazing work :) I can't wait to see more blogs from you :)

    Jadiee'sLittleBlog
    A new post would love to see you over on my blog some time :)

    have a wonderful day

    Jade
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, so glad you like it! I'll be sure to check out the new post, you too!

      Delete
  10. Super gorgeous gradient! I have yet to try it myself. Can't wait to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, be sure to let me know how it goes!

      Delete
  11. Really love your post ! xo
    Can we follow each other ? Let me know on my blog and I will follow back immediately xo

    BLOG | GorisHelena

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a gorgeous design, perfect for summer.

    Olivia // My Clueless Mind

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love pink and orange together, so bright and cheerful. Love this look! How do you do the actual gradient/blending of the two colours together? I'd love to try it :)

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it, they compliment each other so well. The gradient is super easy but can be a little messy! All you have to do is paint the polish onto a small sponge and then dab it onto your nail. Be sure to let me know how it goes!

      Delete
  14. nice nail art ^_^

    http://atlnailsupply.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love gradients with summer-ish colours like these!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you again for visiting my blog and reading my post & commenting on it! This color combination is beautiful! I'm really into these tropical colors right now! :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, I love your posts! I'm so glad you like this design.

      Delete