Thursday, 2 July 2015

Miss Sporty/BYS Prom Nails + Review

Hey Everyone!
Today's post is very impromptu because I thought I had my prom nails all figured out but then the polish I had opted for was a bit of a let down, so I had to redo it yesterday and now here I am, posting about it, on the day of my prom. Its not too bad though because it gives me chance to give a review on two of my favourite polishes.
The colours for my prom outfit are red, black and gold so I didn't want anything too clashing going on with my nails. Which is why I chose something a little more neutral. To be honest, I was very tempted to do the prom dress and suit accent nails but I felt like there would be too much going on if I did that.
As you can see I have two accent nails in a peach/pink champagne tone whilst the others remain in a golden bronze colour. The gold on my nails is slightly more bronzed than the gold in my outfit but that doesn't bother me too much.
As you can see this is a very simple nail look, with no design and simply accent nails. This is the perfect look for a professional environment or if you shouldn't really be wearing nail polish. Its neutral but still clean and fresh.
The peach/champagne colour is from the Miss Sporty Clubbing Colours collection, I received this a while ago, so I was surprised to see they're still available. Although, it is an impressive collection of polishes. There isn't a colour name on the bottle but I went on the website and I think its the 343 Tangerine Fatal. In the image above it looks a lot darker and more orange than it actually is as you can tell by the swatches on my nails, but I like the colour either way.
This is part of the Miss Sporty quick dry range that promises to dry in sixty seconds, I can't say I timed them exactly but the polish does dry very quickly and I only needed one coat. The polish is easy to apply with great pigmentation and the size of the brush makes the application very easy. 
Miss Sporty polishes are available for £1.99 and you can buy them at Boots or Superdrug.
The next polish is from BYS and it is the N86 Island Bronze Gold Boom polish from their Basic Colours collection. I have this polish from BYS as well as a glow in the dark top coat. This polish needs two coats for total opacity but again, it dries fairly quickly so both polishes are ideal for a quick manicure. The pigmentation is of great quality and the polish itself is nice and thin so it is easy to build up without creating a thick layer on your nail that will easily chip.
I'm pretty sure I bought this polish in store at Peacocks or Store Twenty One but I can't seem to find it on either of their websites. However, the BYS website sends you to Fashion Addict and I also found the polish on eBay for £2.99
I am still in the process of trying out the Rimmel London 60 Second Super Shine in Clear, but so far so good and I'll definitely give a review on that in the future.
Do you have a prom this year? How did you have your nails?

30 comments:

  1. Very pretty nails! I had prom 2 years ago.. Omg I soo old :<

    Kisses from Poland xx! following?
    http://kamocia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Aha, this is my second prom too, you're not old!

      Delete
  2. oh wow, such gorgeous colours! x http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, they definitely are and they work so well together.

      Delete
  4. I have a few of miss sporty nail polishes. I'm definitely thinking of trying a few more from this brand! your nails look gorgeous. :)

    ♡SleepyHeaven♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, so far I've been really impressed by them so I don't see why I wouldn't try out more. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Such a great review, I can never pull off golden colours but this one looks great!

    Would you like to follow each other though bloglovin'?

    https://analynrazon.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I feel like anyone could pull of these two colours though!

      Delete
  6. This nail polish shade looks beautiful!

    Sarah | sarahanne14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the colors you chose; they work well together. The golden bronze is lovely. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do, I'm hoping to incorporate the golden bronze into future designs so if you like it, stay tuned!

      Delete
  8. We don't have prom in Germany. I love the peachy-champagne color, very pretty. And your nail shape is very pretty.

    LindaLibraLoca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have anything that is the equivalent to prom? Its a fairly American thing so it hasn't been huge here in the UK so far. Thank you!

      Delete
  9. I love Miss Sporty products! But I'm in love with Wibo too :D

    I hope that you visit my blog too and maybe follow: SPIKED-SOUL.BLOGSPOT.COM :)
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, they are such great quality! Thank you, you too!

      Delete
  10. Love these shades! I hope you had a great time at the prom :)

    http://www.fineclic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a very decent but still chic nail-design you choose.And it's also great for the coming summer days since it's pretty neutral so it looks good with every other color I think

    http://fashionbarbecue.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it is definitely perfect for Summer indeed but also any time of the year. I think different colours in this design would look stunning too!

      Delete
  12. I like the colors! Probably wouldn't buy them if I saw them in the store but now I probably would!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, they wouldn't be colours I'd opt for out of a selection but I'm definitely glad I gave them a chance!

      Delete
  13. Hello,

    Amazing ! :D

    Sarah, http://sarahmodeee.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful color! Perfect for a girls night out or just when you want to feel and look great :)

    Xxx
    Naomi in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought about that, it is totally ideal!

      Delete