Tuesday, 28 July 2015

Technic Pretty Pastel Polishes Review

Hey Everyone!
Recently I came across this collection of polishes at Tesco, I was actually in the bargain aisle so they were only £1 each! Since my collection was lacking in pastel shades, I thought I might as well give them a go. Especially for the price! Although on Amazon they retail for £2.50, likewise on Xtras.co.uk whereas on eBay they are £2.98 with free postage. This is not the full collection of pastels from Technic but these were the only ones that were available at the time of purchase.
Technic-Pretty-Pastels-Nail--Polishes
As you can see the collection comes with a coral toned pink called Candyfloss, a yellow called Canary, a pale green shade that's close to a mint called Pool Party, an almost white blue tone called Mr Blue Sky and a pale purple in Bubblegum
Due to the lighter colouring of the Canary, Pool Party and Mr Blue Sky the opacity is very, very weak. They can buildable if you use thin coats but I find layering them over a white polish allows a better colour pay off. They are also quite watery so the polish tends to drip from the brush easily. Also when you're applying the polish you can't really go back and touch up a bald spot because it tends to drag the polish from your nail.

Technic-Pretty-Pastels-Nail-Polishes
Candyfloss and Bubblegum have a much better opacity though and they work fine without a white base, if not better. 
For the swatches below I used all the polishes with a white base, except from Candyfloss. This is because I found the polish to become slightly streaky over the white base. Whereas on its own, it applies far better with full coverage after just two coats. I used two coats of my white base and then one coat for the Technic polishes over top.
Technic-Pretty-Pastel-Nail-Polishes
I am very fond of these polishes and the colours compliment each other very well, my favourite is Bubblegum because I don't have anything like it in my collection. 
Be sure to keep your eyes out for Thursdays post where I will be incorporating each of these polishes into a nail design!
Are you a fan of pastel shades? Do you own any Technic polishes?

28 comments:

  1. I love these shades, especially worn together! That's smart to layer them over white. I've never even thought of that!

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they stunning? Layering them over white makes all the difference, its such a useful trick. Be sure to give it a go!

      Delete
  2. so cheap and such great colours! Looking fwd to the posts yet to come :)
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too true! I look forward to posting it too!

      Delete
  3. The post is really interesting! I love your blog:)

    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/printed-sea-3880191

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo! I have a few of those in my collection! They're pretty good:)

    KLAUDIA CLARA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? They are pretty impressive!

      Delete
  5. ive heard of technik before and that theyre great for the value of money! the colours you picked up are gorgeous! xo

    illustratedwardrobe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely agree with you there, glad you like them!

      Delete
  6. I love to do the DIY Nail arts.The nail design you have shown is just awesome. So simple and pretty Nail art. Anyone can do this nail art by her own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Glad you like the swatches, that's true.

      Delete
  7. I love that I always learn something new when reading your posts!! I would have never thought about putting white as a base for polishes that were weak in opacity. That is brilliant!
    I really like these shades, especially the white-blue tone, and I love how they all go so well together. Pastel colours have always been my go-to and these ones are just gorgeous! I'm really excited to see what designs you have in store for us with these nail polishes. I wish I had even an ounce of the amount of creativity you have with this art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you, I'm glad you're able to learn something, that's ever so flattering. I didn't realise until now how little people knew of this trick, it is really useful!
      Me too, that's a very versatile shade, it could easily be worn in the Summer or Winter! Keep your eyes peeled for the nail art, I'm pretty proud of it. It's fairly simple but has a little twist too. Awrh of course you do, your writing is your own form of creativity!

      Delete
  8. Pastel colours look really bad on my skintone so I only own the few that I use for nail arts! I have no nail polish from Technic anyway, but I do have 5 of their eyeshadows palettes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awrh I'm sure they don't, maybe pairing them with a colour you feel works well on you would make a difference? I wasn't aware they did makeup, how did the eyeshadows work out for you?

      Delete
  9. I definitely need to check out the bargain isle more often! I really like the blue and the yellow shade especially!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do! There's a lot of hidden surprises down there that you should snatch up whilst you have the chance. They're so pretty!

      Delete
  10. These shades are so lovely! (:
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous colours. I would wear them all

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love pastel shades, they're one of my favourites especially for the summer! These are gorgeous!

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My collection was lacking in pastels so I just had to pick them up and they're definitely my new favourites! A summer staple for sure!

      Delete
  13. Love the pastel shades, especially that lavender ones!

    Fleurerly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my favourite too, so feminine!

      Delete
  14. i need those colours in my life!

    ReplyDelete