Wednesday, 5 August 2015

Pastel Drip Nails

Hey Everyone!
It's safe to say I kept the suspense going for this design since my last post, didn't I? I hinted at an upcoming design in my previous Technic Pretty Pastel Polishes post, that's quite a tongue twister. I expected to get this post up on Thursday as usual but life got in the way. Also, I was feeling slightly overwhelmed when it came to blogging and thought it would be best to take a step back and to come back feeling refreshed!
Pastel-Drips-Nails
For this design I have dripped the pastel polishes over a matte black base, the pastel polishes themselves are glossy and so the difference in finish on the nail contrasted nicely. I used a white base to draw out the drips of the polishes before going over with the pastel polishes and blending each colour in the middle. As I stated in my review, I found the opacity of these polishes disappointing and so a white base is essential to ensure these polishes are used to the best of their ability.
If you know me, you know I'm a sucker for anything rainbow and a pastel toned rainbow may just be even prettier!
Pastel-Nail-Polishes
Above are the Technic Pretty Pastel polishes I used to complete this design, as well as a black matte base by Pretty which I gave a mini review of in my Chain Manicure post if you'd be interested. If you read that post you'd know this isn't the best matte polish, however, I have found that the lifespan of the polish is increased by applying something glossy to the tip of the nail to help seal in the polish.
Pastel-Drips-Nails
Due to the colours being very pale, the picture of the polishes together is somewhat of a deception as they're much paler in person. For this reason, especially with Mr Blue Sky, the drips can seem off-white on first glance before the colour is noticed.
Overall, I was happy with the way this turned out and since the colours work so beautifully together I thought this was a great way to prove that.
Do you have any pastel polishes in your collection?

18 comments:

  1. these look so fun! Too bad they are opaque enough. I loe a few Essie pastel polishes, but the Rimmel Rita Ora collection had some awesome polishes too :D

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose layering the coats of polish would make them stand out more, but I quite liked the paler affect. I love Rita Ora's collection too, something for everyone!

      Delete
  2. I wish I could do nail art like this! I really like the look of the blue and green polish!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you could do this design, just needs a little patience! Me too, they're very earthy.

      Delete
  3. Your nails are so sick!! I love this design!

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is such a cool design! love the paint drip effect x

    illustratedwardrobe.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look amazing! It's a shame the polishes opacity isn't very good on the polishes x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it really is but at least the white base works wonders!

      Delete
  6. This nailart looks great!
    Alexandra ~ AWildPeony.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you, the green is one of my favourites too!

      Delete