Tuesday, 11 August 2015

Purple Geometric Nails

Hey Everyone!
Today's design was actually inspired by one of my favourite Youtubers, Shaanxo, when she posted the following picture on her Instagram after getting her nails done at Doll House Nails & Beauty:
A photo posted by Shannon 🐼 #shaaanxo (@shaaanxo) on
I love everything about this design, the geometric shapes, the colour scheme as well as the added glitter! I opted for a different colour scheme for my nails though, a shimmery dark purple, a paler créme purple and then silver sparkles:
As you can see my design is slightly different from Shannon's because all my nails feature a geometric pattern, rather than just two accent nails. I created this design using a striper polish with a white base for the paler purple and silver to ensure the colour pay off was to the highest opacity. This design was actually fairly quick to do and easy, all that you really need is a steady hand to make sure the lines are nice and straight. Aside from that, it isn't too difficult.

The dark polish I used is from a set I have by The Colour Workshop and try as I might to find it online, I just can't! For this reason, I found a few polishes that look visually similar online since it is a very pretty colour:
You may recognise the pale purple polish, Bubblegum, from my recent Pastel Drip Nails and Technic Pretty Pastels Polish Review and if you've seen those posts you'll know this was one of my favourites from the collection. 
Also, the Mosaic Effects Avon Top Coat is from my Chain Manicure nails, another polish I am very fond of.
I love this design because the colour combinations are literally endless, any colours your pair together in a geometric design would work so well. Making this design easier without limitation. 
What do you think of geometric nails? 

8 comments:

  1. these are beautiful! I love hoe well defined the lines are!

    I love mixing red, white and gold! May try that next time?

    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, and that's a stunning combination. I'll be sure to give it a go!

      Delete
  2. They look beautiful, I really love geometric shapes on nails :) I want to get a couple of different purple toned polishes for autumn, it's such a pretty nail colour.
    Love Holly x

    www.thehollydays4.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, its such a classic decide. I definitely agree, its so easy to work with!

      Delete
  3. I always love geometric nails and I like the colours you picked here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too its such a classic design, glad you like the colours!

      Delete
  4. Oh my god this is beautiful! You're honestly so talented! I wish I was able to do that with my nails but I can barely keep the nail polish from getting all over my hands! The purple is such a good colour for Fall too! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you like this nail design, trust me, I was the same when I first started doing my nails. It takes a lot of practise!

      Delete